Leftshifting emerged from the need to build a non-commercial network and a knowledge community, with the goal of equipping and empowering professionals active within IT- and software intense organisations to exploit the opportunities of the 21st century, as well as meeting challenges of increased complexity and a need to scale up the rate of software delivery and innovation.
We believe the people attracted to and active within the forum of Leftshifting have different professional capacities, with a mix of business people and IT-/software professionals, all sharing a common holistic view of software as a business driver, and with an interest in pioneering, experimentation and exchanging of new ideas. We would like to see more people contributing to Leftshifiting.com by authoring and further down the line help us moderate new posts, to make sure that the community keeps a high level of quality and that we maintain our holistic orientation.
Examples of topics could be
- How to use machine learning principles to drive software delivery
- Setting up Business Immune Systems with embedded practices such as Continuous Deployment
- Transformation of IT-architecture to enable scalable development and lower the cost of maintenance
- Transforming behaviour within different professional capacities, from top-level management to the grass-roots level; to unleash the creativity and entrepreneurship that are necessary to maintain a competitive edge in the 21st century.
- Almost any other topic that concerns creating a more humane and effective business